Maison du Nord folk school
COOK COUNTY, MINNESOTA ~~~~~~~~ June 11, 2021 (LSN) The arrival of summer in the North deserves to be celebrated! In this year of transition, we plan to celebrate with enthusiasm and security. We will be hosting the 2021 Wooden Boat Show both on campus, in person June 18-20 AND online June 3-25. Stay tuned: We will continue to shape our planning around the best security practices available to our visitors, students and staff. Community, crafts, sparkling waters, Nordic adventures and the light of summer are at the heart of our efforts.
Online: June 3 to 25, 2021
EVENTS ON CAMPUS: June 18-20, 2021
We plan to run these events on campus in accordance with current recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health, including social distancing and masking. All visitors to campus will be expected to adhere to these guidelines.
Manufacture on the commons: Noon, Friday- Noon, Sunday
Boat builders at work: herring skiff building: 10 am-4pm Fri-Sunday
Wooden boat display: Friday Saturday
Family crafts without appointment: Friday Saturday
Tool boat auction: Friday Saturday
Navigate on Hjordis: Friday Sunday
Find more information on the 2021 Wooden Boat Show: Online Events here: https://northhouse.org/events/wooden-boat-show
A few notes on what is not listed:
- Midsummer Competition with Good Harbor Hill players: Planning and preparation for this event requires a lot of close contact between dozens of people, not to mention a really large gathering for the performance. We are in dialogue with GHHP and local public health officials. If the event becomes possible, we will be delighted to welcome the puppets, performers and music to the campus.
- Parade of wooden boats: We hope that with careful planning and good weather we can make it happen. Details to come.
- Featured Speaker: Please join us online to listen to this year’s speaker series.
- Contra Dance: Wouldn’t that be great when possible? Fingers crossed for 2022!
- Lake Superior Chowder Experience: We sincerely hope it will return in 2022!
- Harborside Picnic: You can almost smell the brats… they will be there in 2022!
#LSN_Outdoors #LSN_MNNews #LSN_CookCounty