CLEVELAND — The IX Center will once again welcome thousands of visitors for the 65th Cleveland Progressive Boat Show which runs March 17-20.
The boat show was originally scheduled for January, but was rescheduled as cases increased due to the omicron variant. The focus on increasing entertainment and hands-on activities during the January show will carry over to the show taking place in March.
“In 2020, we reinvented the show by making it a more experiential family event. People loved it and will see more of these features in March,” said Michelle Burke, president of the Lake Erie Marine Trades Association. “Everything from a paddling center with demonstration pool, to a magic show in the expanded children’s center, and more.”
Burke estimates that about 50,000 visitors from Ohio and surrounding states will come to the boat show.
Show dates and times
- Thursday and Friday, March 17-18, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday March 19 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday March 20 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- $16 for adults when purchased in advance
- $18 at the door
- Reduced rate of $15 for military and seniors 60 and over
- Free for children 7 and under
- Tickets can be purchased here.
- Fishing Pros Seminars — on stage at the Toyota Tundra Fishing Center
- Popular 5000 Gallon Vic’s Sports Center Berkley Fishing Tank
- Twiggy, the water skiing squirrel
- Magic show in the children’s corner
- Central Park Lawn and Games Expanded for Families to Take a Break
- Two new sailing simulators in the show’s sailing centre.
- Put-in-Bay Music Programming
- First food truck rally at the boat show
- A fleet of hundreds of motorboats and sailboats on display to board
- Over 250 exhibits of accessories, marinas, nautical apparel and educational announcement service exhibits
Organizers said boat sales among first-time boaters have hit record highs during the pandemic; a comprehensive program of expert boating basics seminars has been added to the new “On-The-Water-Ohio” leg.
Like the Auto Show IX Center, there will be theme nights.
- Thursday March 17: St. Patty’s Day with Put-in-Bay
- Friday March 18 – First Mate Night
- Saturday March 19 – Spring Launch
- Sunday, March 20—Sunday Family Sunday
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, as well as top news alerts, the latest weather forecasts, traffic updates and more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.